Quality Assurance Engineer II - Consumer Purchase Experience
- Seattle, WA
The Consumer Purchase Experience team, which owns the Amazon Cart and Checkout Experience CX platforms, is the core of Amazon's global e-commerce application. As it's core, we use almost all of Amazon's e-commerce platform features to orchestrate a smooth and reassuring purchase experience. The team advocates for, and thinks deeply and carefully about how to delight our customers. We apply our customer obsession and thought process to help solve technological and business challenges to build rock solid software with a unique blend of customer-facing and back-end technologies. We strive to continuously raise the bar for the online shopping experience, as we aspire to be the world's most customer-centric company!
We are looking for a customer obsessed Quality Assurance Engineer with a bias for influencing quality upstream, optimizing internal and cross-team processes, and mechanizing quality-oriented tasks. Experienced Quality Assurance Engineers oversee the entire development process from start to finish, raise the quality bar, define and influence quality standards, build tools to automate team processes, and ensure continuous high quality of products/platforms they test. Qualified candidates are expected to have a strong drive for results, autonomy, good interpersonal skills, technical deep-dive curiosity, ability to both work independently, and in a team environment. They will drive all aspects of quality including functionality, performance, accessibility and security quality assurance. Candidates will need to define test plans, test cases, quality assurance processes and practices, as well as utilize or help define automated tools to optimize the software development, testing and release life cycle. Your responsibilities will include monitoring and improving test coverage, testing software, automating repetitive tasks, collaborating with product managers and software developers to deliver a high quality product to our customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, OR Minimum 3 years' experience in designing, building, testing, and/or troubleshooting software
• Experience in automating tests in at least one object-oriented language and one scripting language
• Comfortable in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Fluent in verbal and written communication, including giving presentations
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Programming experience with C++, Java, C# or another object-oriented language
• Experience using and extending automation frameworks, especially UI automation frameworks. Experience building infrastructure and reporting tools.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to come up with creative but simple solutions to complex problems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release management, and operations
• Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• A passion for influencing quality standards and practices
Back to top