Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We're building the presentation platform for the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
• Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
• Will work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
• Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Experience with Python/Java/Swift scripting to validate both front and backend functionality
• Experience with SQL and Database validation
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Experience with Mobile App development and Mobile App operating systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top