Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
In the Kindle Reader Engineering org, we inspire customers to read more and get more out of reading, every day on all their devices. We deliver experiences that make Kindle the "indispensable" way to read, so that once customers try it they can't imagine reading any other way. We help people find more moments and more ways to discover and enjoy books, periodicals, and other content they love. We innovate and deliver features designed to acquire new customers, get more of them to buy and read their first book, and inspire them to read more books more often. We deliver a beautiful experience across devices that is functionally consistent and authentic to the devices it lives on. We build better and faster. We break projects into iteratively shippable MVPs, delivering them via consistent release trains. We invest in mechanisms to increase our velocity and quality, including making cross-OS development more efficient and less expensive. And we work with upstream and downstream partners to make integration more efficient and agile, empowering them to extend our experience.
Our Quality Assurance Engineers are part of building a delightful experience that we deliver to customers. The engineers have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders from product managers to beta customers. The features are cross-OS and the QA engineers carry the responsibility to test and deliver in these environments. They get opportunities to work on solving difficult test strategies along with the development team. We test on multiple surfaces as we support Kindle for Android, Kindle for iOS, and Kindle on Amazon Fire tablets. There is plenty of opportunity to work with multiple teams, collaborate and deliver.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who will be thrilled to work on our engagement features that customers love and enjoy in their everyday reading.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
• Champion the quality of features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
• Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention
• Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system
• Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsets
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
• Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
• Demonstrated experience in writing and utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
• Software QA automation experience working with at least one programming language such as: Java, C#, Swift, Python.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice
Back to top