Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to transform the way people interact with their Alexa devices? Come join the team that builds Alexa Communications across devices. Imagine telling a device to call a friend or family member, and hearing their voice or seeing their face without picking up a phone, pressing a button, or opening a laptop. Imagine a device that can potentially save a life because someone who can't move can ask it to call a friend to help. Now imagine building that technology.
On the Alexa Communications team, you'll have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and leadership-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE), to help define the test strategy for how we build and validate our products and features. In this highly visible and impactful role, you'll be responsible for quality assurance of new customer features and supporting architecture on a daily basis. You'll learn new in-demand skills like building and testing voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. You'll work directly with Product Management, Development teams, and Designers to ensure that Alexa customers will enjoy the best possible experience for Alexa calling and messaging on any supported device. You'll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture we move fast to deliver new great features and devices for customers, and we have a ton of fun doing it.
• Work self-sufficiently to develop and drive test planning, strategy, and test cases for both automated and manual Call testing. Work closely with library and automation framework developers, a DA test team in India, related partner teams within Amazon, and the immediate QA team to both insure product quality and to contribute to Continuous Integration and Delivery efforts.
• Development of an efficient and effective device interop testing matrix for daily testing purposes and targeted build regression testing.
• Ongoing development and refinement of requirements for device certification for compatibility with Alexa Comms Calling.
• Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Comms experience.
• Work with the automation framework team to improve and maintain an automated test infrastructure and automation test harness for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of product operation.
• Analyze test run results and debug logs. Develop test metrics, analytics, and test reports to assess overall product stability and launch readiness.
• Integrate with existing infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tool sets to maintain automation scripts and generate regular reports, contributing ongoing streamlined data to our engineering dashboards.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• A Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Computer science, Software engineering or a related field
• 3+ yrs of applicable test engineering experience with major time designing test plans and strategies, as well as contributing to or maintaining automated test systems, frameworks, or user-level test automation.
• Experience in or knowledge of communication protocols, architecture, or platforms.
• Knowledge of professional Software Engineering and Quality Assurance best practices for the full software development life cycle, including testing methodologies, test planning, coding standards, test case management, code reviews, source control management, build processes, test prioritization, launch readiness, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, development and business teams, and management to pro-actively collect and understand requirements, communicate problem impacts, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization. Ability to generate and communicate meaningful development and QA metrics.
• Experience developing in a Linux or Java environment, and in utilizing virtual machines.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools, experience in utilizing product test harnesses and writing automated test cases, and instrumenting products or applying test metrics to gather quality results.
• Experience automating the validation of voice user interfaces and messaging infrastructures.
• Experience with evaluating and integrating in-house developed toolsets.
• Comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Experience with interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams.
• Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering or Software Testing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top