Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited by Amazon's foray in the voice segment with Alexa-powered devices like the Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and delivering a platform for third party developers to build great voice first experiences! We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
We are a technology and operations team that owns security for all Alexa skills, striving to provide the best customer experience on Alexa. The suite of technology products we own include platforms for ingestion and publishing skills, tools for managing certification ops workflows, data capture and developer communication, automated testing frameworks and tools for live catalog health monitoring.
Responsibilities as Quality Assurance Engineer II:
• Build tools and systems to 'break' our products and solutions to expose gaps that need to be fixed
• Help make Alexa Skills more secure
• Help keep millions of Alexa customers secure from malicious or offensive Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience
• Experience in QA Strategy, Planning, Design and Execution
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architecture
• 5+ yrs of experience in the Quality Assurance Engineer field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructure
• Knowledge of industry standard security tools and experience in developing software using them
• Experience in a Security role
Back to top