Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Vancouver, Canada
The Amazon Payment Products QA team is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to create, manage and lead the automation and execution of test plans and test case solutions for new programs and upcoming projects, as well as drive the automation and maintenance of those tests. The selected candidate will define, develop, execute and maintain automated and manual tests using in-house developed automation and tools.
Our team is responsible for qualification of payment instruments and financial offers by Amazon and its partners (e.g. credit cards with the Amazon branding) across the global marketplaces, including their marketing on the Amazon website. If you ever applied for or used an Amazon-branded credit card or store card, paid for Amazon purchases with hotel or credit-card points or chose to pay in installments - you were our customer and we are passionate about making such engagements delightful for you.
This position requires proven skills in test development and methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of testing within a distributed software system as well as a deep understanding of common QA tools and practices. We expect the ideal candidate to scope, design, implement and maintain tests for new projects, working both independently as well as in collaboration with the development team in an agile environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
This position requires proven skills in test development and methodologies, with a passion for testing, quality and improving our customers' experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of testing within a distributed software system as well as an end-to-end understanding of common QA tools and practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in software QA/testing
• Experience writing successful test plans and test cases for use in test suites and developing automation
• Highly proficient in test planning and estimation, QA techniques/methodologies and SDLC
• Documentation: You write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation and issue tracking entries
• Problem solving: You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving. You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
• Self-management: Proven ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment; Proven ability to work autonomously or with little guidance
• Master's degree or 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation involving testing distributed software systems
• Experience developing automated tests using tools like Selenium, Appium, TestNG/Junit, Jmeter
• Experience developing tests utilizing Java, C#, and/or C++ within a test framework.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• You show good judgment and instincts in decision-making opportunities
Back to top