Quality Assurance Engineer II
- United States
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with the simplest solutions? Are you excited by a fast-paced multi-tasked environment? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Digital, Device and Alexa customers?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon is the earth's most customer centric company. Along with being a retail company, it has a special focus on innovative technology and high-profile devices. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room and Echo, our latest cutting-edge product.
The Digital, Device and Alexa Service (D2AS) Technology organization's goal is to create technology that provides the best customer experience and support for our digital, device and Alexa products. The team owns critical applications and backend services to achieve this. The team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure the quality of an in-house workflow management and execution platform that provides the backbone for Amazon's customer support experience. Our platform is used globally to resolve tens of thousands of customer contacts on a daily basis through internal and external support channels. You will have the opportunity to work on software services that are designed to adapt to the evolving businesses of Amazon while improving the quality and efficiency of our customer support experience.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
• Design test strategies and create test plans and test cases
• Design and develop automated tests
• Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
• BS degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years experience test engineering experience.
• Must have experience developing code for automated tests
• Coding proficiency in Java, Python, and/or C++
• Experience with QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
• You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
• You are a self-starter and are inclined to work independently
• Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering or Software Testing.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
• Agile experience a plus
• Experience in quality assurance of international products and features.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines.
• Experience with Performance, Reliability, Stress, Load, Security, High Availability testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top