Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
The Consumer Electronics business is a fast-growing, dynamic, high-impact, and fun category that includes Wireless, TV/Blu-ray, Camera/Photo, Musical Instruments, Home Audio, Headphones, and more. CE Tech is the high-powered technical team that builds the customer-focused software for Consumer Electronics.
Our marketplace is changing rapidly. It is still Day 1 here! We need a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to work on our applications. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic QA Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
Our QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they are more grey box, able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Java, Perl, or similar scripting technology. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. They should also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments. They create regression tests and drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, we want to talk to you about joining us in CE Tech.
• Degree in related technical field and 2+ years of relevant QA experience
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
• Basic Coding/Scripting experience
• 5+ years relevant QA experience
• Proficiency in a scripting language
• Experience in UI Automation
• Experience automating tests that are maintainable and reusable
• Comfortable communicating cross functionally and across management levels in formal and informal ways
• Tracking multiple test executions simultaneously while delivering results
• Ability to mentor other QAEs
Back to top