Quality Assurance Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items.
Our systems are invoked in every physical good purchase made worldwide through Amazon. Our QAEs test code at both the service and user level, using a variety of black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. As a QA Engineer, you will innovate our test strategy across multiple dependencies, locales and device types and implement highly scalable automation to enable both UI (web and device level) and back end testing.
You will work to be able to understand software internals, debug problems complex problems including performance bottlenecks, and write automated tests in and/or using existing automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand business drivers and technical implementation of features. QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. You must have experience in diagnosing project release problems and taking corrective action, such as escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve results. Our QAEs are also responsible for driving our software development process toward quality-centric methodologies and for reporting on test progress, metrics, and issues.
- BS in or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- At least five years of work experience in quality assurance.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test , test strategy, and test execution of highly complex systems.
• Ability to and plan testing conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control.
• Experience with QA strategies such as mocking, pairwise testing and UI and API level automation.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
• Ability to write quality code in at least one high level language like , C, C#, etc.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings to report on test progress, metrics, and issues
• Experience in testing web technologies, services, and physical devices.
• Understanding of technologies, XML, JS, CSS, and HTML.
• Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know.
Applying for a customer service or fulfillment center job and need an accommodation? Contact us through the Amazon Delivers Contact Us webpage.
Applying for a job outside of customer service, delivery or fulfillment and need an accommodation? Call us at 866-437-9078. Please provide your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top