Quality Assurance Engineer I
- Manchester, United Kingdom
Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented Software Quality Assurance Engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services. We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
We are looking for a talented, detail oriented, and enthusiastic QAE who is passionate about quality and is excited about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
In this role, you will work on the newest test automation platform to enable end to end testing across multiple services. You will test production code both at the user level and platform level, both manually and with automated tools. You will not perform the tests as pure black box testers. Instead, you understand software internals, debug problems, and write automated tests for automated tools. You will work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation.
In addition, you will work on our software deployment process. Our software deployment process follows a strict testing and deployment procedure and guidelines to ensure the highest quality of software is produced and to ensure our customer is delighted with the shopping experiences.
Successful candidate must have a strong drive for results, obsession with quality, a team player, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 4+ years of QA experience.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
• Ability to author complex test scripts.
• Experience in UI & back-end testing and automation.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Passion for computers, e-commerce, the Internet, and the mobile market segment.
• Self-motivation and a strong bias for action; the ability to hit aggressive productivity goals without micro-management.
• Strong communication skills; the ability to partner with team members and internal partners effectively.
• Experiences with web based software deployment.
• Experiences with functional, performance, and stress testing.
• Experiences with UI and back-end testing.
• Working knowledge with a high level general purpose language such as Java, C++.
Back to top