Would you like to test and influence the most highly visible and persistent feature on Amazon websites and apps, impacting every customer who visits and supports many partners across the company? Would you like to test low latency, highly resilient distributed systems at scale? Would you like to be a part of transforming the online shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers across the world? If so, Navigation Experience (NavX) has an opportunity for you. Serving tens of thousands of transactions per second and billions of views per day, we have a large and visible footprint.
We are looking for a customer obsessed Quality Assurance Engineer with a bias for influencing quality upstream, optimizing internal and cross-team processes, and mechanizing quality-oriented tasks. Qualified candidates are expected to have a strong drive for results, autonomy, good interpersonal skills, technical deep-dive curiosity, ability to both work independently, and in a team environment. You will need to define test plans, test cases, quality assurance processes and practices, as well as utilize or help define automated tools to optimize the software development, testing and release life cycle. Your responsibilities will include monitoring and improving test coverage, testing software, automating repetitive tasks, collaborating with product managers and software developers to deliver a high quality product to our customers.
You would be joining the NavX team who is responsible for navigation across all devices on the Amazon retail website, including browsing destinations in Hamburger, shopping within Store Modes, finding account and personalized content in Me Tab, and discovering strategic programs easily in the Strategic Subnav and Discovery Bar. We are responsible for the navigation chrome on all rendering platforms, as well as the platform aspects of its flyouts and tool-tips. To support the builders across Amazon, we also own LinkTree to enable partners to specify navigation links and hierarchies through our experiences.
We are a highly diverse, intellectually curious team that loves to have fun and accomplish big things.
The ideal candidate will have a very high quality standard, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. The candidate will mentor team members to promote engineering excellence and continually "look around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and improving the team's confidence in our software.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, OR Minimum 3 years' experience in designing, building, testing, and/or troubleshooting software
• Experience in automating tests in at least one object-oriented language and one scripting language
• Comfortable in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with different methods of integration and deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience in App/Device testing.
• Programming experience with C++, Java, C# or another object-oriented language
• Experience using and extending automation frameworks, especially UI automation frameworks. Experience building infrastructure and reporting tools.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release management, and operations.
• Understanding or testing experience of big data processing systems is a plus
• A passion for influencing quality standards and practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.