Quality Assurance Engineer
Kindle has revolutionized the way the world reads. From the very beginning, the Digital Bookstore team has played a pivotal role in this revolution, enabling customers to smoothly browse, research, and procure content specific to their needs and interests.
We now support customized shopping experiences for eBook customers on eight generations of Kindle e-ink and Fire devices, as well as third party tablets, smartphones, and computers; and we deliver this experience in over a dozen countries.
As a QA Engineer-II on the Digital Bookstore team, you will collaborate with developers, product managers and customer support to identify unambiguous software requirements, understand all features and their implementation details, understand customer usage models and then develop and execute strategies to get that software into our customers' hands in an efficient and high quality fashion.
Our preferred candidate possesses a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance. Our QAEs test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests using a variety of frameworks. As a QAE on the Digital Bookstore team you will be a key voice in the design and coding phases. You'll define and implement quality gates for code changes, delivering on the promise that our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved. You will develop high-quality test automation to driver lower operational costs and faster deployments.
If you think you've got what it takes, apply today! We look forward to talking with you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- 4+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
- Good ability to design, implement, debug and troubleshoot code in at least one modern programming language such as Java or C#.
- Strong experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like Bugzilla or Redmine) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to exchange projects information and to understand business requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with testing mobile applications
- Experience in mobile apps test automation development (Android/IOS) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience in test automation development using modern HTML frameworks like Selenium or JSoup, and test frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
- Experience with using Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top