Quality Assurance engineer
- San Francisco, CA
The Global Navigation's team mission is to serve as an indispensable guide that helps customers find what they need, whenever and wherever they need it, and gets out of the way when they don't need our help. We are responsible for the navigation experience across desktop, mobile web, and tablet, as well as Linktree, the content management system for navigational content across all devices. We are part of the Customer Journey organization, which owns the customer experience for many of the essential core shopping pages for the Amazon retail website
We are looking for a customer obsessed Quality Assurance Engineer with a bias for influencing quality upstream, optimizing internal and cross-team processes, and mechanizing quality-oriented tasks. Experienced Quality Assurance Engineers oversee the entire development process from start to finish, raise the quality bar, define and influence quality standards, build tools to automate team processes, and ensure continuous high quality of products/platforms they test. Qualified candidates are expected to have a strong drive for results, autonomy, good interpersonal skills, technical deep-dive curiosity, ability to both work independently, and in a team environment. They will drive all aspects of quality including functionality, performance, accessibility and security quality assurance. Candidates will need to define test plans, test cases, quality assurance processes and practices, as well as utilize or help define automated tools to optimize the software development, testing and release life cycle. Your responsibilities will include monitoring and improving test coverage, testing software, automating repetitive tasks, collaborating with product managers and software developers to deliver a high quality product to our customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, OR Minimum 3 years' experience in designing, building, testing, and/or troubleshooting software
• Experience in automating tests in at least one object-oriented language and one scripting language
• Comfortable in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Fluent in verbal and written communication, including giving presentations
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Programming experience with C++, Java, C# or another object-oriented language
• Experience using and extending automation frameworks, especially UI automation frameworks. Experience building infrastructure and reporting tools.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to come up with creative but simple solutions to complex problems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release management, and operations
• Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• A passion for influencing quality standards and practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top