The Alexa Communications team is focused on enabling our customers to communicate with anyone with the fidelity of an in-person conversation.
We are looking for talented Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) who are not pure black box testers; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, drive testing at the appropriate levels and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. They work with Software Development Engineers(SDEs) and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments. QAEs drive the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process.In this role, you will:
• Review requirements/user interaction designs to ensure we are delivering top quality customer experience
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented. Understand performance impacts over the product.
• Build test strategies, create test plans and test cases
• Automate tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
• Review product/user interface for conformity to design guidelines
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• 5+ years of testing experience
• 3+ years in a QA Manager role including hiring and developing QAEs and SDETs.
• Experience in identifying and reviewing test plans, test cases, and testing results.
• Experience identifying and implementing automated testing tools and frameworks.
• Experience in engaging with stake holders to set and drive quality assurance goals.
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test execution cycles simultaneously and communicating out results to key stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
• Expertise building test strategies, automation strategies for complex programs
• Experience with best practices; able to influence and improve QA processes and user experience
• Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us