Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon Music San Francisco is looking for a talented quality engineer to join us in revolutionizing the digital music customer experience.
• You will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms
• You will own the development and executions of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
• You will develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
• You will ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
• You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
• You will promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
• You will promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
• You will interact and collaborate with the other development groups at Amazon Music and other organizations within the Amazon group of companies.
• You will be the POC for all German QA efforts.
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Scripting experience in Python, Perl, Ruby or shell
• Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
• Ownership of test plan development and execution for customer facing applications
• Experience working with SDETs to create automation strategy and follow through to create and execute automated test scripts
• Experience with a types of testing including regression, performance, stress, unit, API, integration, and security testing
• German Language Competency is a must.
• Working knowledge of black box and white box testing, and a strong understanding of and experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
• Background in testing client/server software
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Experience with Android, IOS or other mobile application development or testing is a plus
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards,code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated competence in documenting product information and communicating it to others.
• Prior experience with Voice enabled applications/services is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.