Quality Assurance Engineer
Our team helps device teams across the company take their products to market. We do this by providing a platform to publish developer-facing content and functionality at https://developer.amazon.com, so developers can learn about different offerings and build digital goods in a self-serve manner. Your work will benefit both the first party Amazon developers and the third party Amazon developer customers worldwide.
We're part of Amazon Devices. We invented the Echo, the Kindle, and the Fire Tablet, devices used by millions of Amazon customers. We are looking for engineers to architect and create developer-facing web applications and back-end services. Please read on if you are interested in job opportunities at Amazon's HQ in Seattle.
Our Quality Assurance team is looking for a highly motivated, customer centric QAE with an understanding of testing methodologies and techniques and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers. You should seize this opportunity if you have a passion for customer needs, a deep understanding of web applications and proven QA experience. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale.
- Building automated tests using existing tools and frameworks to expose defects in product code and move quality up stream
- Creating tests for complex systems of features and services for the Developer Experience Platform
- Part of Product Code Design reviews and vouch for a testable and maintainable design
- Working directly with Developers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure proper development and quality of our applications and platforms
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff
- Mentor junior software quality engineers
- Contribute streamlined automated data for our engineering dashboards to make our data do the talk.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of QA experience with various QA methodology and tools.
- Experience in driving end-to-end software quality
- Experience in Java(Preferred)/C/Perl/Ruby/Python based automation.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
- · Knowledge of UNIX environment and Shell scripting is desired.
- · Experience working on automated testing frameworks
- · Expertise with full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, test reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top