Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn't have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a QA Engineer who will be working with a unique and gifted team to enable Sidewalk services over a variety of devices and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams.
In this role, you will
• Champion the quality of Sidewalk features using both automated and manual tests,
• Design, create, update and execute test plans with well-defined test cases,
• Design, enhance and maintain test automation framework,
• Work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA to influence the final delivery,
• Report, track and verify defects to their resolution to sign off on features and releases,
• Ultimately, make a significant impact to process and automation infrastructure to improve the efficiency and efficacy in quality delivery of Sidewalk services, business, and most importantly to our customers.
Base location: Taipei or Hsin-Chu
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
• 5+ years of experience on developing test automation framework in Python or Linux shell scripting languages.
• Knowledge of test methodologies to create, execute and maintain test cases.
• Knowledge of trouble shooting skills to perform defect triage and root cause analysis.
• Experience on testing of embedded device, cloud services, mobile app or SDK.
• Experience with network communication protocol testing and automation.
• Knowledge of computer architecture or consumer electronics fundamentals.
• Desire to learn and take challenge.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.