Quality Assurance Engineer, Alexa Smart Home
Interested in Amazon Echo? Love the Internet-of-things, Smart Home space? Help us deliver the Smart Home solutions for Amazon Echo. The Smart Home team is responsible for integrating your smart home devices to Alexa and bringing your home to life! We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
QA Engineers test code through a variety of methods, which include: manual test cases, writing test automation, and use of various tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Responsible for development of test strategies, test case creation, test automation, and contributions to appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and years relevant work experience, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Passion for home automation space
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top