Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core systems to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
As a QA Engineer-II of the learning systems platform development organization, you are the main advocate for Customers, enabling teams to deliver services into our customers' hands fast with a high degree of confidence in its quality. You will identify quality gaps and goals, and facilitate and support teams to implement best practices and quality tools, while potentially developing quality productivity tools yourself. You work closely with developers, team managers, product managers and customer support by clarifying ambiguous requirements, customer use cases and usage models.
Our preferred candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to work with teams of developers, business owners and user experience team, towards quality delivery. Our QAEs understand effective test strategies for web services, drive the development team to execute to the strategy, while assessing and surfacing the data of the quality of services under test for teams. As a QAE on the team you will be a key voice in the design, coding, deployment, and post-deployment phases. You'll design and drive implementation of quality gates for code changes, ensuring our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved, while enhancing development experience with earlier and consistent discovery of issues.
Our preferred candidate also possesses a high level of coding aptitude. Our QAEs are not manual testers nor focus purely on blackbox testing; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and read/write automated tests using a variety of frameworks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This is a position in Seattle, WA or in Portland, OR, working with groups in Seattle, Portland OR, and Arlington, VA.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
• 4+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE
• Experience testing mobile applications
• Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
• Experience in test automation development using modern HTML frameworks like Selenium or JSoup, and test frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
• Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
• Experience with using Agile development methodologies
• Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
• Experience testing large scale Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems
• Experience testing microservices
• Experience testing Serverless systems
• Strong experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
• Demonstrated experience in test strategy implementation, test planning, test designing, and test execution.
• Experience testing distributed systems
• Experience testing data warehouse solutions
• Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like Bugzilla or Redmine) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
• Experience working closely with development and business teams
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top