Quality Assurance Engineer
AmazonFresh is Amazon.com's grocery delivery services. Customers order fresh produce, locally-sourced meat and seafood, products from iconic local merchants, and other goods; select the time slot of their choice for delivery; and find our trucks at their homes when the time arrives. You say you want a bunch of bananas, a dozen bagels from your local bakery, lox, and a coffee maker delivered to your doorstep between 8AM and 9AM tomorrow? We say no problem.
As a member of the QA team you will be responsible for leading the testing and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 5+ years overall QA/development experience
- Ability to design and plan testing conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and testing tools
- Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting language (for example Java/Python/Perl)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Software, Technology, Operations, or a related field with 3+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation—must involve supporting distributed software systems
- Ability to write quality code in at least one OO language like Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context and how it may apply to external teams or organizations
- Hands on experience with QA automation tools/technologies - Selenium Web Driver, Appium, TestNG/Junit, JMeter
- Proven experience in identifying where software breaks
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top