Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Appstore Chennai team is looking for seasoned and talented Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs). As a QAE, you will serve as the quality lead and strategy owner for large cross-functional projects, scope test requirements, and lead other test engineers in creating quality test plans. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex projects, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will work closely with Engineering, Product and UX teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements to the way systems are designed and tested across Amazon Appstore.
A successful candidate will have an interest in testing consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
If so, join the Appstore team as we imagine, realize, and build out new software services and products that will shape the future of Appstore.
Specifically, you will:
• Define and create test strategy, write test plans and design test cases
• Help define and lead the Quality Assurance process
• Implement best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics
• Work closely with the multiple development teams to assure test coverage
• Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
• Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing
• Work with remote teams to enable delivery of test artifacts
• Execute functional, regression tests, performance and stress testing
• 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years overall agile QAE and/or development experience.
• Familiar with multiple programming languages and scripts.
• Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
• Practical coding experience with automated web testing tools, services, and physical devices.
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
• Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.
• Experience interacting with virtual teams in an onsite/offshore test execution model
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to top