Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Smart Home - Home Essentials team is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team delivering innovative solutions for Amazon customers worldwide. This team is responsible for the products and platforms that make our customers' homes smarter; from Dash Replenishment technology to controlling lighting, networking, TVs, printers and more, to delivering first party device solutions.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Quality Assurance Engineer who has experience delivering efficient test plans working back from the customer experience and using data to drive quality. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence the quality across the entire team while helping deliver a breadth of products and features that our customers will love.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight and improve the lives of Amazon Smart Home customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to dive deep to identify issues. You are excited about helping create reliable, scalable, and high-performance products with your sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software testing, and practical experience testing devices, mobile apps, and distributed systems. You have experience collaborating with other talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
• Identify and implement efficient ways to measure and improve product quality
• Gather and report data to convey quality to product stakeholders
• Carry the torch as the customer advocate during the product development process
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Experience testing scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Passion for the Smart Home space
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability testing mobile applications on Android and iOS
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Back to top