Quality Assurance Engineer
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions for Communications behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making customer-obsessed development teams more efficient and productive by partnering closely with QA. An individual who has the experience and know-how to create the testing structure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of new software and hardware development.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- · Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- · Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or applicable equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- · 2+ years experience in a QA or SDET role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- · Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools, developing product test harnesses, and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and working with unit test infrastructures
- · Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- · Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- · Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- · Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- · Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities across multiple teams
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top