eff Bezos, 2016 Annual Letter to Shareholders: 'India is another example of how we globalize an offering like Marketplace through customer obsession and a passion for invention... We're also globalizing Fulfillment, adapting the service to local customer needs. In India, we launched a program called Easy Ship to ease shipping (of products brought on Amazon) for sellers.'
Jeff Wilke, Oct, 2017 to BS India: 'All the inventions happening here will find their way to other countries. There are things we invented in India that we are deploying elsewhere, examples being Seller Flex and Easy Ship. These are the ideas we have transferred to other geographies.'
Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995?
Do you want to join a team with experience launching Amazon marketplaces in new countries such as North America and Brazil? The Amazon India team launched the businesses from the ground up and is making our products work for our customers in this new region. We think big and develop platform solutions that can be extended to other marketplaces and new businesses.
The Easy Ship team located in Seattle is looking for a QAE to drive product quality and services that solve unique customer needs for India first and then to scale these quality methodology globally to other Marketplaces. Our engineers own the complete consumer and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency products and services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on innovative products that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and ensuring quality of key product features that impact the business. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides dreaming up the next needle moving innovation.
You will be part of a key Delivery Experience initiative "Easyship" which enables 3P sellers to ship products with Amazon. Amazon Easy Ship program caters to merchant fulfillment network sellers in India with the goal of making it easy for sellers to ship products bought on Amazon website. Orders are picked up from the seller's location by an Amazon Logistics associate and delivered to the buyers' location with minimal effort from sellers. Customers get faster and predictable delivery along with tracking information. We own the platform that drive the above experience across desktop, mobile and APIs (for large sellers).
You can read more about the product here - https://services.amazon.in/services/sell-on-amazon/amazon-easyship.html
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
• Bachelor's in CS or related field + 5 years of experience or Master's and 2 years of experience in software quality assurance
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML or Ruby
• Ability to write code in C, C++ or Java
• Familiarity with automation testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Load Runner or Win Runner
• Excellent QA aptitude and ability to drive process improvements
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents
• Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, including the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results
• Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in testing systems built on three tier architecture and web technologies
• Experience in using APIs and Web Services for testing service oriented architecture