Quality Assurance Engineer
Join Merch by Amazon to help make-on-demand services for the content creator community. This is a fast growing and high profile Amazon business with significant business and scope growth potential. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you drive quality and delivery of the Merch roadmap.
Key to the success of this platform are end-to-end quality metrics, excellent coverage, integration tests, and continuous deployment. A quality assurance engineer will be a key member of this team and will create comprehensive test cases, UI test automation, and will institute quality processes for design, development, testing, deployment, and defect resolution.
The ideal candidate should have deep end-to-end multi-tier testing experience, thrive in a fast-paced environment and has experience testing web services and large-scale software. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives, and capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
The person should be an active practitioner of server-side engineering excellence: high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
This team shares and contributes to Amazon's vision of being the "Earth's biggest store". The opportunity for making a business impact and career growth is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 5+ years of QA experience and strong knowledge of QA tools and methodologies
- Ability to read, troubleshoot, and debug software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python
- Ability to develop complex scripts
- Experience in two or more web projects with implementing UI test automation
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables
- Experience with the UNIX/Linux environment and Shell scripting
- Expertise with full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, test reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to difficult-to-solve problems
- Effective technical leadership skills to improve test technologies and infrastructure of the team
- Ability to triage issues, respond quickly to changes, work well within a team, and multitask on multiple products and projects
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top