Quality Assurance Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a QA Engineer in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As a QAE on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ years of software QA testing experience
• 5+ years of experience in testing methodologies and standard QA and development tools
• 3+ years of Software QA experience testing Android mobile devices
• 3+ years of Software QA experience working with the following technologies: Java, Java Script, , PERL, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Customer scenario testing experience
• Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on results
• Demonstrated expertise in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Product experience with wireless consumer electronics
• Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
• Experience with API testing including unit test frameworks
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Familiar with hardware fundamentals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top