Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment Technology (GSFTech) team is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong record of achieving results, to solve GSFs most complex operational challenges. The role requires heavy index on innovation, dive deep, bias for action, and ownership.
Our team own systems such as monitoring staging area in Whole Foods and automatically dispatching drivers before it gets full, proactively monitoring the delivery network for exceptions and working with drivers and customers to resolve issues, labor science (we have hundreds of sites, thousands of employees and thousands of shifts daily. How do we get the right people in every location every shift?), tools that make it simple to manage trainings and certifications to ensure that our employees training and safety is up-to- date, sustainability building a labor planning system for bike delivery drivers in NYC, the latest product launch has been the scheduling system for over 100K Amazon Associates that work in GSF sites. These projects are just scratching the surface of what we do and what we'll be working on in the future!
As a key lead member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple problem spaces for a new platform that will redefine how we solve labor planning and scheduling at Amazon.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 4+ years of proven experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE and focus on Field testing
• 4+ years experience with driving quality across an organization as a holistic plan and not just test execution
• 4+ years experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools.
Experience working with product owners and developers to define user stories.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
• Scripting and coding knowledge is required.
• Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting with Python, or Java
• Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables; strong organizational skills.
• Experience with using Agile development methodologies
• Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
• Experience using test cases management tools (like TCM or TestRail), issues management tools (like jira etc) and development environments (like Visual Studio, IntelliJ or Eclipse).
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to present quality/test data, read business data, negotiate on the scope of test coverage/timing/resources, and to actively pull business requirements out of data/partners and distill them to test/risk strategy.
• Good oral and written communication skills, Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Ability to multitask.
• Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.