Quality Assurance Engineer
- Birmingham, AL
The Replenishment Services team owns the technology to enable customers reordering their frequent purchases on Amazon. We build and deliver the core technology for Virtual Dash Buttons - uniquely Amazonian, playful reordering shortcuts that let customers shop across desktop computers, mobile app and via an emerging category of smart screen devices and appliances, such as smartwatches, screened fridges, smart mirrors, etc. Our goal is to increase overall reorder rates, changing the perception that Amazon is a seasonal, casual shopping destination, and making customers order their day to day essentials through one of the 11 replenishment programs across the company. Those programs have in common needs, like the necessity to find substitutes to out of stock products, identifying what products are replenishable and helping customers discover more product they might need, and at what cadence they should order them. The ideal individual must be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment. In this position, you will regularly work with other engineers, developers, and product managers.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
Create test plans and test cases,review user interfaces for conformity and functionality, efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented Deliver Test Automation as and features are rolled out and Drive key Quality Metrics.
• Three years' experience in software quality assurance testing.
• Experience with C/C++, Perl and/or Java in UNIX environments is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
• Innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with Oracle is a plus.
• Experience with Black Box, White Box testing.
• Test automation is a definite plus.
• Fully understand software development lifecycle and quality assurance method.
• Experience with integration, end to end and service interface testing is preferred
Back to top