Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? We are building exciting experiences and driving new customer interactions with our popular and growing entertainment platform and want to find someone passionate about creating awesome products. Here you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion and innovation in the delivery of media entertainment.
As a QAE on the Fire TV QA team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own the creation and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA/SDET in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of at least one programming or scripting language: Python, Java, C++ etc.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.
- Experience testing Android devices or other consumer electronic devices.
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
. Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top