Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are hiring in Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, Canada!
The India Consumer Technology (ICT) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market.
Our engineers own the complete consumer experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and Android) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. We are solving last mile engineering challenges for the next set of customers who first experience Amazon on their mobile phones.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team you will work to ensure Amazon.in is FAST and has the best shopping experience. It's a great opportunity to develop and enhance experiences for Mobile devices first. You will get the opportunity to work on Amazon Mobile Shopping App and almost all key pages on retail website building features and improving business metrics. You will also contribute reducing latency for customers by reducing the bytes on wire and adapting the UX based on network bandwidth. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer's experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, and e-Commerce website development.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• BS Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• 2+ Years of strong QA experience
• Proficient in software development methodology with coding experience in Java or other object oriented programming languages
• Strong background in software quality, test automation frameworks and testing methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Hands on test automation development
• Background in testing eCommerce web and mobile applications
Back to top