Quality Assurance Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Fire TV client software and services technologies are enjoyed by millions of customers all over the world. You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. Here on the Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide.
Quality Assurance Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. QA Engineers will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process.
- 3+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
- Experience with one scripting language
- Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
- Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
- Experience with usability best practices; able to influence and improve user experience
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top