Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology company driving innovative payments to consumers around the world? Amazon Payment Products team builds systems that support payment products across the globe and are growing at unprecedented scale. The products include: Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards (PLCC), Non-Amazon Branded Credit Cards, Shop with Points and cross-currency converter. Come work on it. We're building the creative payment solutions behind Amazon Payment Products and other Amazon products and services. Be important part of this exciting journey. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
• Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
• Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 2+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
• Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• 5+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Back to top