Quality Assurance Development Engineer
Do you love exploratory testing? Do love the challenge of critical thinking and finding what no one else has found? Do you enjoy working hard and having fun? Come join us on Prime Now as we build an industry changing software product and service.
We are a group of Irvine-based software teams building mobile and web applications to support Prime Now. We are in need of a talented QA Engineer to build upon our existing testing culture. You'll be working side by side with software developers to develop unit testing, integration testing and functional testing strategies. You'll lead the exploratory testing effort as we rapidly launch customer facing features. Our large automated system means you won't need to run tests manually, but instead will be expected to think creatively on behalf of our customers. This role has a wide range of flexibility and ambiguity. Only experienced QAEs with a track record of testing success should apply.
Your role will include the following:
- Writing test plans
- Performing exploratory testing
- Reviewing unit tests and integration tests
- Writing and maintaining functional tests
- Managing the release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of software QA experience
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, C#, Swift or Python
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Mobile QA experience (iOS, Android)
- Experience with Swift and Kotlin
- Agile Testing Experience (e.g. Scrum/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories
- Experience with version control software (git)
- Experience developing automated tests
- Experience with security/penetration, performance, stress, reliability & high availability, API testing
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top