Are you a quality-minded engineer who's up for a challenge?
The Time & Attendance QA team supports solving test problems of optimization, performance, and scalability. Technologies we're testing range from 3rd-party platform configurations to API and front-end UI solutions. Do you want to write code, as well as test it? You'll immediately be given a chance to flex those muscles. Our automation needs are abundant and varied: dive into scenario-based employee data generation and API validation, canary and regression tests, and load test solutions. Are you a specialist in process? Join us as we evolve our deployment and custom agile development processes. Do you want a chance to Think Big? You'll be partnering with our dev and business teams to quantify and assure continuous infusion of quality, from requirements through user acceptance. Come be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Implementing solutions to augment or replace manual tasks, infusing efficiency and metrics across the SDLC
• Collaborating with dev and automation teams to identify and build tools that allow self-service testing of core functionality.
• Communicating with end-users, partnering with technical teams, and management to gather requirements, describe software product features, and disambiguate requirements
• Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable quality metrics.
• Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
• Owning the role of Software Quality in project deliveries: from requirements analysis through test plan creation and execution.
The People Tech team is building AWS-based system for use by more than 600K employees WW. Ensuring quality of a collection of systems that calculate pay based on thousands of rules is non-trivial task.
We are looking for an expert QA who can also double down as test architect and solution driver. If you are interested in driving quality of systems with and like to apply your skills in combinatorics for designing optimal coverage and develop distributed test infrastructure, come join us!
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
• Demonstrated experience with defect-tracking tools
• Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
• Experience with creating and maintaining automated tests within an existing framework, such as JUnit/Selenium
• Testing experience in both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, UI functionality and usability testing
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or 2+ year relevant work experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation