QAE - TAA Tech
- Seattle, WA
Are you a quality-minded engineer who's up for a challenge?
The Time & Attendance QA team supports solving test problems of optimization, performance, and scalability. Technologies we're testing range from 3rd-party platform configurations to API and front-end UI solutions. Do you want to write code, as well as test it? You'll immediately be given a chance to flex those muscles. Our automation needs are abundant and varied: dive into scenario-based employee data generation and API validation, canary and regression tests, and load test solutions. Are you a specialist in process? Join us as we evolve our deployment and custom agile development processes. Do you want a chance to Think Big? You'll be partnering with our dev and business teams teams to quantify and assure continuous infusion of quality, from requirements through user acceptance. Come be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Implementing solutions to augment or replace manual tasks, infusing efficiency and metrics across the SDLC
• Collaborating with dev and automation teams to identify and build tools that allow self-service testing of core functionality.
• Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable quality metrics.
• Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
• Owning the role of Software Quality in project deliveries: from requirements analysis through test plan creation and execution.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
• Demonstrated experience with defect-tracking tools, utilizing
• Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
• Excellent written and spoken communication, including quality status reporting
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or 2+ year relevant work experience
• Creating and maintaining automated tests within an existing framework, such as JUnit/Selenium
• Testing experience in both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing
• Communicating with end-users, partnering technical teams, and management to gather requirements, describe software product features, and disambiguate requirements
• Competency in SQL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top