We are looking for a high caliber and tested Quality Assurance Engineer to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software quality assurance and build highly scalable solutions for customer facing software. This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs are responsible to understand the product domain, define test strategy and test plans, develop and drive test case execution and drive best practices to release high quality software to our customers.
You will work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. You will also work with groups such as Product Management, UX designers to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will develop automated tests to help fasten testing cycles and release faster to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible to deliver manual/automated solutions to test customer facing features.
As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems in software quality assurance. If you enjoy building software quality solutions for highly distributed systems and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing using Java or applicable languages.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Ability to write test plan for the feature, execute and maintain.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with Demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
• Knowledge on testing frameworks and automation experience
• Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks