Are you a QA specialist or quality-minded engineer who's up for a challenge?
The People Technology team acts as Amazon's circulatory system: we gather and pump employee data to and from myriad services and sources, data that must flow seamlessly to support the employment of hundreds of thousands of Amazon workers around the globe. We integrate HR, Payroll, Recruiting, and Timekeeping, interfacing with over two hundred systems.
As Amazon expands and grows, People Tech systems are getting more complex; consistent quality is essential. The Quality Assurance Engineer we're hiring will tackle and solve test problems of optimization, performance, and scalability. Technologies we're testing range from 3rd-party ERP to middleware to front-end UI.
Do you want to write code, as well as test it? The opportunities for automation are abundant and varied, from with scenario-based data generation to Java/Selenium UI validation to API and load test solutions. Are you a specialist in process? Join us as we evolve our deployment and validation cycles toward continuous deployment, and ensure that all brand-new systems are CD from the ground up. Show us what you've got by working with PM and Dev roles to streamline process, from requirements intake through final validation and user acceptance. Do you want a chance to Think Big? You'll be able to engage with multiple internal teams as we create seamless, reusable, trustworthy employee data integrations. Be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees and recruiters all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Owning the role of Software Quality in project deliveries: from requirements analysis through test plan creation and execution.
- Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable metrics.
- Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
- Collaborating with dev and automation teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for hands-free software validation... and contributing to their implementation.
- Mentor junior engineers, so they can become as good as you are.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining test cases utilizing test automation
- Demonstrated experience with defect-tracking tools, utilizing
- Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
- Excellent written and spoken communication, including quality status reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- Creating and maintaining automated tests within an existing framework, such as JUnit/Selenium
- Testing experience in both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing
- Communicating with end-users, partnering technical teams, and management to gather requirements, describe software product features, and disambiguate requirements
- Competency in SQL
Development or testing expertise in one or more of the following third-party applications are helpful, but not required:
- PeopleSoft (including Stat change management)
- Kronos time and labor systems integration
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top