QA Engineer - Amazon Books & Amazon Go
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout — you just grab and go. Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and leave the store. No lines, no checkout. No, seriously. Amazon Books is a physical retail store that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. We have combined the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's technology and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their interpersonal approach to the unique needs of each customer. The Team works together to craft and maintain the quality of the varied Amazon technology in both of these types of stores.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will own features and create test plans, run integration and verification tests and report results to our leaders. You will work closely with developers as you delve into issues and help developers fix the issues you find. You'll also add and maintain automation tests.
You should have a real passion for finding bugs, understand the different testing methodologies and be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. You'll need to work well independently on our team. You should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create a beautiful customer experience. Scripting and coding knowledge is required. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. You'll be an essential advocate for our customers, and use your strong critical thinking skills every single day.
Come join a team that is the epitome of delighting customers. We learn new things every day, and we have fun at work. Come join a company that makes a positive impact on millions of people.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in software quality testing.
- Test plan writing experience.
- Experience in test automation with C#, Java, or C++
- Manual UI testing performance.
- A history of improving the software development process.
- Experience troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis independently
- Experience with mobile, browser and service-focused architecture testing.
- Experience working in a dynamic, agile development environment while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Demonstrated success in leading automated testing efforts for one or more software projects from inception to delivery.
- Understanding of Windows tools: Net Monitor, Performance Monitor, etc..
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top