- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: amazon.com/scout
We are seeking a Supply Chain Analyst/Buyer to join the Amazon Scout team. The Supply Chain Analyst/Buyer will lead essential procurement activities in support of automation technology projects. This role will be focused on purchase order (PO) issuance and management and supply chain analysis in support of Engineering teams and our product development efforts. They will ensure correct PO placement and monitor PO status, which will enable reporting on overall spend and trends. In addition, they will contribute to the design of systems and tools to streamline procurement in a fast-paced development environment.
Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders and operational excellence in managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously. The Supply Chain Analyst/Buyer will be the supply chain team's expert practitioner in the tools for supplier onboarding, ensuring proper agreements are in place, PO issuance, and other associated systems. This role will support internal stakeholders in both Europe and North America.
• Manage all aspects of purchasing, from PO issuance through material receipt and payment support.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to develop purchase requirements and identify potential suppliers.
• Develop efficient and accurate systems for monitoring and updating open POs to achieve on-time-delivery.
• Participate in supplier performance management and populate supplier scorecards.
• Actively identify improvements, cost savings, and working capital and process optimizations.
• Support commodity managers in building and maintaining supplier relationships.
• Identify Supply Chain material risks, providing transparent monitoring of materials and escalating supply issues.
• Bachelors' degree or relevant experience
• Purchasing/Procurement or experience in Supply Chain
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment sourcing, purchasing, or managing mechanical products.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong bias for action.
• Highly effective oral and written English communication skills.
• Use of Oracle EBS
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
Back to top