Public Relations Manager, Physical Retail
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Public Relations team is seeking a driven, detail-oriented, and creative Public Relations Manager who will be responsible for driving announcements and related activities for Amazon Physical Retail stores. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can clearly formulate and communicate PR recommendations and plans to both peers and executives. They will also be comfortable providing counsel and guidance across a wide variety of counterparts crossing a number of disciplines. Additionally, this role will consistently work with a range of media contacts across publication types. The ideal candidate will have experience pitching news on a local and national scale, a track record of driving positive news cycles and stories, and the ability to manage reactive news cycles.
• Lead proactive PR announcements and related activities for the business
• Develop and manage relationships with a range of media contacts
• Strategize, write, and evolve key messaging
• Work closely with marketing, public policy, program management, and other internal groups to cohesively approach projects and activities
• Build and execute PR plans, including communicating plans internally and securing leadership approvals
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
• Help manage an external public relations agency on strategy and day-to-day matters
• Willingness to represent Amazon as a spokesperson
This position can be located in Seattle, WA; NYC; LA; or Washington, D.C.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of public relations experience
• Experience in retail, consumer, and/or technology PR
• Current experience managing media relationships and a network of media contacts, including at both local and national publications
• Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
• Understanding of AP Style
Back to top