Public Relations Manager, Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment, well-connected and experienced public relations professional to drive communications programs for its growing services portfolio. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, is an expert at translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories, has familiarity with crisis communications, and can exercise high-judgment while acting quickly.
The AWS PR Manager partners with AWS service, business, and marketing teams to develop and execute messaging, PR strategy, and innovative communications tactics. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into technology and is motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to innovate new and interesting communications and influencer relations strategies.
This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
There are hundreds of journalists worldwide who are trying to understand and help their readers understand the new paradigm of cloud computing. The AWS PR Manager will:
- Ensure factually accurate representation of an expanding portfolio of AWS services in technology press
- Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to drive awareness for AWS services (launches, product reviews, awareness, and education campaigns).
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and evaluators in technology trade and business press.
- Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and negotiate decisions in relation to service announcements and messaging.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns.
- Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
- Support development and execution of events and media engagements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of public relations experience
- Business-to-business technology PR experience required
- Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
- Experience delivering press tours, events and product reviews programs
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- A track record of successfully representing high-profile enterprise software/systems products
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Passionate about excellence in writing and verbal communications
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Creativity and bias for action
- Ability to set strategy, and then execute flawlessly
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top