We are looking for a Manager, EU Aviation Public Policy, who will report to the Head of Last Mile Public Policy, and work in either our Brussels, Luxembourg City, or Berlin office. This position will be responsible for development and execution of public policy, regulatory, and advocacy strategies for Amazon Air, Amazon's Middle Mile air cargo network, and Prime Air, Amazon's drone delivery service.
The right candidate will work collaboratively and transparently with others in Public Policy, Amazon Air, and Amazon Air Legal to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Manager will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business and develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions.
As appropriate, the Manager will work with others on the public policy team to facilitate high-level meetings between Amazon and national aviation regulators, international aviation authorities, airports, and other key external stakeholders to promote and advocate the company's policy and regulatory objectives. The Manager will work with others in public policy and Amazon Air to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate industry associations.
The ideal candidate will possess experience across the full array of aviation policy and regulatory activities, including airport policy issues such as Single European Sky, Sustainable Aviation Fuel, and national level regulations that govern airport operations. The candidate will have experience with national, international, and local governmental entities that oversee airports, bringing expert knowledge of how these stakeholders shape policy and project approvals. Candidate will have a strong professional network in the aviation sector, understanding key organizations in the aviation policy ecosystem.
- Bachelor's required; Advanced Degree (Law, Policy, Economics) preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience working on aviation policy and regulatory issues
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all corporate and political levels; create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging; and persuasively deliver messaging to relevant audiences.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Extensive experience in airport regulatory issues, project approvals, and/or regulatory issues related to air cargo operations.
- Demonstrated experience working with aviation regulators, international aviation authorities (ICAO/IATA), airports, and governmental bodies that oversee airports.
- Self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers. Think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen. Ability to intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
- Prior experience with steep learning curves.
Ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.