Public Policy Manager, Economic Policy & Regulation, India
- Seattle, WA
Work hard and make history with Amazon's International Public Policy Team. The Public Policy Manager, Economic Policy & Regulation, India will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, in support of Amazon's global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, topical, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues, spanning policy, consumer and commercial environment.
As the Public Policy Manager, Economic Policy and Regulation (IN) you will be responsible for engaging and partnering with policymakers, regulators, academia and other non-governmental groups in the field, in order support of our consumer-centric business model. You will do so at the highest levels of government, policy-making and economic regulation community to ensure the businesses can continue providing an innovative experience. You will therefore lead external advocacy efforts, outreach programmes, partnerships, and initiatives in support of these business objectives. You must be able to manage and drive complex projects, and provide clear and confident guidance, including in situations of high ambiguity. You will therefore need to demonstrate an astute understanding of the public policy and regulatory environment for economic policy and regulation. You will also coordinate Amazon's engagement with relevant industry associations and wider coalitions, as well as think tanks and policy making organization and manage consultancy support.
Internally, you will coordinate across Amazon's business and corporate functions, locally and globally, to develop and implement positioning and engagement strategies. You will be a confident leader, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
The position will be based in Delhi, India.
• 10 years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, law firm, trade associations or non-governmental organizations.
• A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation.
• Written and spoken fluency in Hindi and English.
• An advanced degree in area of study relevant to the role.
• Experience working at high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, and business teams.
• Experience of public policy leadership in consumer-facing, technology or retail companies.
• Project management experience.
• Public speaking experience.
• International experience.
• A track record of highest integrity and public policy success.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• Able to coordinate a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalise information and strategy.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Capable of confidently using experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action even in an ambiguous situation.
Back to top