Public Policy Manager, Competition Policy
- Seattle, WA
Work hard and make history with Amazon's International Public Policy Team. The Public Policy Manager for Competition Policy, will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, in support of Amazon's global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, topical, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues.
As the Public Policy Manager for Competition Policy you will be responsible for helping to formulate messaging and design engagement strategies, in support of our consumer-centric business model, on matters related to economic, industrial and competition policy and regulation. The role encompasses matters affecting Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, as well as international fora. You will help identify key research topics and projects and ensure their timely execution. You must be able to manage and drive complex projects, and provide clear and confident guidance, including in situations of high ambiguity. You will therefore need to demonstrate an astute understanding of the public policy and regulatory environment for economic, industrial and competition policy and regulation.
Internally, you will report into International Public Policy's Seattle-based Central Team but you will coordinate across Amazon's business and corporate functions, locally and globally, to develop and implement positioning. You will be a confident leader, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
The position will be based in Seattle.
• 10 years of relevant public policy, research, and/or advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, law firm, think tanks, universities, or in public administration.
• An advanced degree in area of study relevant to the role.
• Experience working at a high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, and business teams.
• Experience of public policy leadership in consumer-facing, technology or retail companies.
• Project management experience.
• Public speaking experience.
• International experience.
• A track record of highest integrity and public policy success.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• Able to coordinate a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalize information and strategy.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Capable of confidently using experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action even in an ambiguous situation.
• A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top