Make history with Amazon's International Public Policy Team. The Public Policy Manager for Competition Policy will join a growing and dynamic team that works across multiple jurisdictions in support of Amazon's global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, topical, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations and academia.
As Public Policy Manager for Competition Policy you will be responsible for helping to identify critical competition, economic and industrial trends in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Asia Pacific and international organizations. You will be expected to design sophisticated advocacy programs, formulate messaging or supporting materials, as well as develop and manage international projects in order to address complex policy or regulatory issues affecting Amazon's global consumer and digital businesses. You will therefore need to demonstrate an astute understanding of competition policy and regulation across leading jurisdictions, the politics of law, as well as the geo-political environment in which these take place. You will also need to have sound experience in policy campaigning and advocacy.
Internally, you must be able to provide clear and confident guidance to business executives and multi-disciplinary teams on the ground, including in situations of high ambiguity. You will be a confident leader, but also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
You will report into International Public Policy's Central Strategy Team, based at Amazon HQ, and you will be expected to coordinate activities across Amazon's business and corporate functions globally.
The position will be based in Seattle.
• 10 years of relevant experience in public policy, research, and/or advocacy e.g. within corporate public policy or government relations, law firm, think tank, university and/or in public administration.
• An advanced degree in area of study relevant to the role.
• Experience working at a high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, economists and business teams, preferably in-house.
• Experience in international relations, politics and working across jurisdictions.
• Project management and/or campaigning experience.
• Experience of public policy leadership in consumer-facing, technology or retail companies.
• Able to coordinate a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalize information and strategy.
• A track record of highest integrity and public policy success.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Capable of confidently using experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action even in an ambiguous situation.
• A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.