The Retail Business Services (RBS) group is an integral part of Amazon's online product life-cycle and supports buying operations. The team's primary role is to support the creation and enhancement of retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group can impact online user experience.
The successful Subject Matter Expert is a problem-solver, mentor and communicator with strong expertise in process optimizations and systems thinking. You will engage directly with multiple internal teams to drive business projects for the RBS team. You will utilize a wide range of skills and work across major functional areas such operations, vendor management and program management, to independently drive the performance improvement projects. In this role you will be focused on the execution and operational aspects of critical work involved for Amazon customers (vendors/vendor managers/end customer), root cause analysis of issues and opportunities affecting the business.
About the role: We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert to collaborate with our product management teams to source relevant data across WW deals and promotions; conduct analysis and extract insights. They will work with teams supporting Vendor Managers/BS/ISMs worldwide to thoroughly understand available data sets, and be able to extract data from a variety of data sources, including relational databases, Redshift clusters and Data Lakes. The successful candidate will be a customer-obsessed self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills, and a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize work.
• Success will be measured by the performance of your internal teams on input metrics and individual project deliverables
• Build strong communication channels at all levels, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications
• Work with various internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements
• Drive appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
• Work with internal Amazon teams to improve operational aspects of their business in providing a great consumer experience
• Conduct deep dive analysis on the handled issues and publish recommendations and action plans based on data
• Support the launches of new programs, categories and features
• Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised and modified
• Contribute to maintaining a production-level website by ensuring that the back-end databases are functioning efficiently and also to improve on the back-end solution.
• Proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
• Advanced level of English, medium level of Spanish
• 5+ years of work experience, interacting with multiple customers / stake holders and improving processes
• Knowledge of VBA and SQL
• Good working knowledge of MS Office; Excel skills to be able to refine data and prepare business reports;
• Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented;
• Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives;
• Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems;
• Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards;
• Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel;
• Exposure to back office operations, escalation management and troubleshooting environments and exposed to problem solving over emails/phones;
• Exposure to planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce;
• Flexible with Shift timings and working days.
• Exposure to back office operations, escalation management and troubleshooting environments
• Great problem solving skills
• Python knowledge is a plus