Project Manager (Construction)
- Vancouver, Canada
• Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the Operations team and will be responsible for project managing new Amazon Delivery Stations (DS) planning, design and construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure. This role will analyze and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Germany and will include frequent travel to all various locations within Germany
• Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design for DS's and other new or expansion projects
• Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing German DSs.
• Undertake construction engineering design on new and remodel projects
• Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required
• Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
• Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people
• Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
• Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
• Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
• Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
• Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project lifecycle
• Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
• Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
• Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action
• Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
• Support contractors' work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
• Coach other new members on best practices.
• May have direct reports
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or 2 years Amazon experience
• Experience as a Change Manager, Architect, Engineer, or Construction Manager
• Project Management experience through design/execution
• Experience negotiating consultancy fees - tendering consultancy works
• Proven experience managing and leading an external team of consultants
• Master's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
• Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
• The role will be based in Germany and may include travelling to various delivery station locations within Germany/EU and meeting with suppliers (20% travel, variable)
• Please, submit your CV in English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top