Project Lead - Workforce Staffing
- London, United Kingdom
This role can be based in any Amazon EU Ops location
Amazon's EU Workforce Staffing (WFS) organization is looking for a highly motivated and flexible Project Lead to drive operational excellence for WFS operations supporting Amazon Logistics (AMZL). This Project Lead is responsible for developing and supporting strategic business line initiatives, creating implementation plans, and driving those across WFS team members and staffing agencies in Europe.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, exceptional ability to influence, organizational expertise, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for building data driven programs that improve business operations. You are self-motivated, solutions-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and innovative in developing best-in-class programs.
You must be able to:
• Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to support large-scale programs and initiatives
• Have a rigorous approach to problem solving and analytics, as well as produce, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
• Lead others to drive ongoing program improvements based on user feedback and performance measurements
• Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to the stakeholders and field teams
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance business needs versus constraints
• Establish business priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining goals, milestones and completion dates
• Be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
• Have a combination of practical and intellectual skills, as well as ability to rapidly shift and adapt to different tasks that vary between complex analyses, hands-on projects, and project management.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform customer/partner needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing processes to propose solutions
• Develop and manage project governance plans, project schedules, success criteria, and project milestones
• Deep dive operational health metrics to improve performance, trouble-shoot defects, and create remedial actions to meet these metrics' goals.
• Participate in cross-functional operational health reviews in order to share best practices and/or lessons learned within the business line.
• Interact directly with Analysts involved in operational health and engage in seek to understand discussions related to metric methodology and validation
• Track hiring exceptions across the business line and ensure corrective actions/escalations are followed through
• Independently identify down-stream problems (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability, established process gap, etc.) and escalate them, before they become large-scale risk. Participate in collaboration for short term solve, until process improvement is implemented.
• Bachelor's degree in science, management, business or HR related field
• Proven project or program management experience
• Advanced use: Salesforce, Tableau, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint (or equivalent) skills.
• Proven success delivering a high volume of results on time with minimal direction
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal listening, communicating, influencing and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required.
• Ability to travel
• Master's degree in engineering, business, or human resources preferred
• Passion and enthusiasm for customer experience, technology, and Amazon's vision.
• Comfort learning new tools and technology concepts quickly
• Strong organizational and communication skills, team-oriented philosophy, and problem solving skills.
• High levels of integrity and discretion.
• Experience working in an international tech company
• Self-motivated and productive in a highly ambiguous environment.
Back to top