Project Launch Manager
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company whose innovation in products, services and speed to market create both challenges and opportunities. Does the possibility of being a critical part of what makes the next "big thing" happen at Amazon excite you?
Amazon's Accounting Program Office is actively looking for Project Launch Managers (Senior Project Manager) with previous Accounting systems experience.
In this role, you will flex between managing multiple projects, deconstructing complex issues, communicating across various stakeholders and successfully navigating ambiguity. You will be the driving force that collaborates with accounting, tax, legal, business and technical teams around the globe to launch complex projects with end to end financial integration.
You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and deliver solutions meeting our customers' needs. You will work with multiple technical teams to deliver those solutions.
You will be the driving force that orchestrates all the moving pieces as needed to ensure successful and on-time delivery. You will also be the face and voice for the project teams you work with.
You will ensure that all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Finally, as a member of the team you will take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve our SDLC and other processes as well as increasing quality and overall efficiency.
You must be able to:
- Lead business critical projects with global impacts. Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross functional project teams and program stakeholders.
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features. Clearly communicate vision, plans, and project status to management and key technical/business stakeholders.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies for complex systems
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development life-cycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of project management experience managing technology projects with aggressive schedules, large ERP implementations preferred
- Experience driving projects related to accounting or accounting systems
- Proven project delivery experience for large, cross functional projects
- Experience with requirements, system and process design
- Strong familiarity with agile methodologies
- PMP certification
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with systems, system teams and developers
- Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., PMO, geographic dispersion, etc.)
- Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences
- Analytical skills and experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top