Programmer/Analyst - Transportation
Programmer/Analyst - Transportation
Location: Open to any location.
The Sort Centers are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a motivated, experienced, Business Analyst with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to manage large sets of data, build metrics and support tools, and be able to influence the leadership team using solid analysis.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization and help build it from ground up- then this is an opportunity for you.
This position reports to the Technical Program Manager for ATSquad, the ACES ATS Programmer/Analyst Team. The position will be assigned to the Sort Center network and will work closely with ACES Quality, ACES Continuous Improvement, SC Engineering, SC Launch, Finance, and the SSP Team to design and develop the data flow for the Sort Center network to build the support structure needed to analyze data to support Standard Work and Quality initiatives, dive deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
In terms of qualification, the candidate must have demonstrated the ability to manage medium to large scale projects within the Amazon environment that scale to an entire region or globally where partnerships needed to be developed with multiple teams to be able to access and understand data. In addition to demonstration of the technical skills, the position may be responsible for mentoring and leading a small team of programmers to deliver results and develop new skills as the business develops and the team grows. Additional leadership responsibilities will include leading discussions and advising operational teams and engineering teams on key improvement projects.
Technical Skills Required
The complexity of research and skills for this position is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages. Data management and storage are critical experience and skills required to be able to build robust scalable solutions potentially across the global Sort Center operations.
The following provides some details of the job duties and responsibilities.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
- Ability to write PERL script which would identify gaps in our processes and give the team the ability to solve these issues with root cause analysis
- Develop websites using Ruby, HTML, Java, and AJAX which allows users throughout the network the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action items to solve these issues
- Maintaining database up-time to include restarting of servers
- Providing analytical network support to improve quality and standard work results
- Root cause research into identifying process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
- Analyze and report data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
- Maintaining and communicating of project road maps to key business partners
- 2+ years of quantitative and qualitative experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or 2+ years of current Amazon experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including use of lookups and pivot tables
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge
- UNIX tools/platform experience
- Experience using HTML, PERL, SQL, Java, AJAX, RoR programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong focus on internal customers and professional demeanor
- Ability to learn new programming languages/concepts rapidly as changes arise
- Ability to create automated metrics using complex databases and MEGA
- Understanding of INFOSEC data management requirements
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or other technical field from an accredited university
Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of software systems. Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
Basic development of data models or database schemas
Familiarity with the processes used in our fulfillment network
Experience in a technical field is highly desired
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
A track record of creative problem solving using software systems and the desire to create and build new processes.
Experience with Amazon Quality operations and/or Standard Work
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top