Program Manager Workforce Management
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) in Amazon is seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for setting up the right scalable processes from a WFM standpoint for all new marketplace launches. The individual will liaison closely with the business teams, GPO POCs, and Operations in ensuring a successful new marketplace launch. He or She will gain an in-depth understanding of the end to end order-to-fulfillment pipeline and collaborate with Operations, Forecasting, Cap Planning and Machine Learning to build scalable mechanisms to deliver on Amazon's delivery and overall experience commitment to the customer.
The Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with new initiatives.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Our mission in Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The BRP team safeguards the order pipelines; monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction.
- Drive the strategic direction of the BRP team in eliminating missed delivery promises as a result of payment risk actions/ dependencies
- Collaborate with the Global Capacity Planning team, Global Process Owners (GPO) and operations in creating sustainable and scalable mechanisms that will deliver on the planned volume of manual fraud evaluations
- Lead discussions and collaborate with Machine Learning team to create mechanisms to take decisions that will deliver on customer promise for both speed and cost
- Lead daily and weekly business review meeting with the Operations teams and ML partners in being able to meet daily SLA on Orders and Email contact resolution SL goals
- Create fail safe governance controls and threshold breach alerts for the existing and newly developed mechanisms
- Collaborate with Customer Experience team, GACD and GPO team to define strategies involving production and customer interaction platforms, operational contact routing, automatic investigation, telephony systems, and workforce management; evaluating improvement options and making recommendations for faster resolution of customer appeals/emails.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Ops Analytics team and drive automation solutions for queue monitoring, alert mechanisms, report out communication and driving operational responses to threshold breaches.
- Creating standardization and guidelines/playbooks for assessing multiple variables in making trade off decisions with a view to make the decision making more efficient and accurate.
- Leads projects/initiatives and champions projects within and outside of organization or region; influences all participants when driving projects to ensure success
- Collaborates with Capacity Planning and Forecasting to determine location requirements by analyzing forecasting planning factors, including service levels, contact volume, contact patterns, staffing capacity, staffing, staff productivity, workforce management systems, workflow, etc.
- Collaborate with the Product teams and reengineer processes and develop mechanisms to meet ultra fast/ same day/ sub same day delivery commitments to Amazon's customers.
- Leads discussions with the Forecasting/ Ops Analytics and capacity planning team to build stochastic models that will help determine resource requirements by incorporating changes in input variability
- Lead the creation of dashboards and reporting infrastructure that align to a quick identification of hot spots, heat maps of potential issues/ failure modes so that the actions can be more targeted and focused.
- Collaborate with the GPO teams in identifying, analyzing impact and addressing security vulnerabilities in the process. Also collaborate with the Engineering and Tools team to create automated risk mitigation and breach detection mechanisms and dashboard views.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and written, with senior management and leaders across the organization to determine and validate priorities and direction.
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, stats) required
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Operations Management/ Workflow/ Planning role
• Analytics experience in Service or Operation
• Demonstrated Workflow Planning experience
• Proven experience utilizing SQL, Microsoft Excel and dealing with large sets of data
• Post graduate degree in Business Administration or related field
• Proven working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
• Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
Back to top